Autism After 18 Conversation Workshop
- What: Conversation workshop focused on topics such as initiating conversation with peers, exchanging conversation, showing interest in others, and ending the conversation. Attendees will participate in conversation games and role-play activities.
- Who: The workshop will be led by Dr. Leslie Bross, Assistant Professor in the Department of Special Education and Child Development at UNC Charlotte. Dr. Bross taught a social skills and community-based work program for secondary students with autism in Lee’s Summit, MO. Her research relates to supporting individuals with autism in their transition to adulthood in the areas of competitive employment, postsecondary education, and community integration. The workshop is most appropriate for individuals ages 18-35 who identify as having autism spectrum disorder and/or other related neurological disorders. However, ALL individuals with and without disabilities are welcome to attend.
- When: Wednesday, March 18 @ 7:00 – 8:30pm
- Where: Cato College of Education building on UNC Charlotte campus, room #110(Cato college is located directly across from the student union and is different from Cato Hall)
9201 University City Blvd/ Charlotte, NC 28223
- Parking: Visitor parking is available on the Union Deck (levels 4-6). Additional parking information for campus visitors can be found at https://pats.uncc.edu/parking/visitor-parking
- Cost: FREE!!! There is no cost to attend this workshop. You also do not need to bring anything as all instructional materials will be provided.